07 / 11 / 2017
Over the past few months we have been quietly implementing the outcomes of the recent member research project and preparing for the introduction of a new membership database. These are two very significant pieces of work for us internally and should make their impact felt across the membership, by making it easier for non-members to join and for existing members to have a more fulfilling and rewarding membership experience.
Here are some of the key changes:
- Fewer membership grades – we’re reducing the number of membership grades from nine to three (Full Members, Student Members and Affiliate Members).
- These grades will be more international – all grades are now available in all countries.
- Multi-year memberships are being introduced.
- Members will be able to have more control over the communications they wish to receive from us.
- The Member Directory is coming back, enabling members to build their presence in our community.
- There will be more support for professional development and more opportunities to engage with others across the Society.
These changes have been introduced in response to member feedback and our wish to see the Society continue to thrive and grow. If you have any comments or questions relating to the changes please feel free to contact the membership team at email@example.com.
One thing you can do for us…
Most new members come into the Society on the recommendation of a colleague, tutor or friend. If you have contact with students, collaborators and others who may benefit from membership of the Society, please encourage them to join. The changes above will make being a part of our Society an even more attractive proposition.
Head of Membership Services