Focused Meeting 2017: 2nd International Meeting on Arboviruses and their Vectors
16 May 2017
There are only 10 days left for delegates to submit their abstracts for the Society’s 2nd International Meeting on Arboviruses and their Vectors (IMAV). This meeting, held from 7–8 September 2017 at the University of Glasgow, UK, will bring together experts from around the world to discuss the latest findings in the field of arbovirus biology.
Abstracts are welcomed from the following topics:
- Virus discovery
- Emergence from A to Zika
- Virus–host interactions and evolution
- Vector biology and ecology
Deadline for submissions is 23:59, Friday 26 May 2017, and abstracts will be considered for either an oral presentation or a poster – delegates will find out shortly after the submission deadline whether they have been accepted.
The Microbiology Society’s Focused Meetings provide a platform to showcase advancements in the field, and give researchers at all career levels the opportunity to present their findings and network with peers in their field.
Invited speakers to IMAV 2017 include:
- Luke Alphey (The Pirbright Institute, UK)
- Sara Cherry (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
- Leen Delang (KU Leuven, Belgium)
- John Fazakerley (University of Melbourne, Australia)
- Ana Fernandez-Sesma (Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, USA)
- Eva Harris (University of California, USA)
- Roger Hewson (Public Health England, UK)
- Juha Huiskonen (University of Oxford, UK)
- Sandra Junglen (University of Bonn, Germany)
- Alexander Khromykh (University of Queensland, Australia)
- Félix Rey (Institut Pasteur, France)
- Jolanda Smit (University Medical Centre Groningen, Netherlands)
- Tom Solomon (University of Liverpool, UK)
- Scott C. Weaver (University of Texas, USA)
IMAV 2017 is organised by: Alain Kohl, Esther Schnettler, Anthony Wilson, Gorben Pijlman, Stefaine Becker, Andrew Davidson and Anna-Bella Failloux.
To find out more about the meeting and to submit your abstract, please visit the event’s page.
Image: AMI IMAGES/Science Photo Library.